What is Desert Sun Toyota’s Lifetime Powertrain Coverage for Sale in Alamogordo, NM
When you purchase a Desert Sun Motors New or Pre-Owned vehicle, you are enrolled in our exclusive Lifetime engine coverage on eligible vehicles, at no additional cost to you. Simply follow the factory recommended maintenance scheduled for your vehicle at any Desert Sun Motors service location, and in the event of a breakdown, all repairs to the engine components of your vehicle will be performed at no cost to you. Lifetime Powertrain covers 100% parts and labor and there is a $100.00 deductible. There is no maximum mileage or term for the coverage. The Lifetime Powertrain will cover your vehicle for as long as you own the vehicle. Coverage is non-transferable if the vehicle were to be sold or traded.
CONFIDENCE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE
When you purchase a New or Pre-Owned, you can feel confident in knowing that you have purchased a quality vehicle. Other dealerships may promise that their vehicles are solid, in great great condition without problems, but Desert Sun Motors gives you that peace-of-mind knowing you are covered with the Lifetime Powertrain.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Your Lifetime Powertrain ensures repair or replacement of any covered engine component that fails during the covered period for as long as you own your vehicle. To maintain your Desert Sun Motors Powertrain for life, we require you to follow the manufacturers’ recommended regular scheduled maintenance at a Desert Sun Motors service facility. Failure to follow the manufactures schedule for regular maintenance voids your Powertrain for life protection.
WHAT IS COVERED
● Engine- All internally lubricated parts; Engine Block, Cylinder Head(s) if damaged as a result of a mechanical failure to an internally lubricated part; Intake/Exhaust manifolds; Mounts; Expansion Plugs; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pan; Pulleys; Thermostat and Thermostat Housing; Timing Chain Cover; valve Covers; Water Pump.
● Transmission/Transfer Case- All internally lubricated parts; Gear Cases and Housing if damaged as the result of a mechanical failure to an internally lubricated part; Torque Converter; Vacuum Modulator valve; Flywheel/Flexplate; TV Cable; Mounts; TCM; Solenoids; Cooler and Metal Cooler Lines; Transmission Oil Pan.
● Drive Axle- All Internally Lubricated parts; Gear Cases and Housings if damaged as the result of a mechanical failure to an internally lubricated part; Axle Shafts and Bearings; C.V. and Universal Joints; Propeller Shafts; 4WD Actuator
● Turbocharger/Supercharger (Factory Installed Only)- All Internally lubricated parts including: Turbine; Turbine Shaft; Valves; Vanes and Housing if damaged as the result of a mechanical failure to an internally lubricated part.
Oil Life Monitoring System
● If the vehicle is equipped with a “Maintenance Minder”, “Oil Life Monitoring System”, or other manufacturer engine service monitoring systems, then oil changes and tire rotations must be performed at least every 5,000 miles for oil changes and tire rotations. Oil changes and tire rotations can be done 1,000 miles before and a 1,000 miles after the 5,000 mile point.
● Franchise Pre-Owned vehicles with such systems may check the Factory Box for oil changes and tire rotation intervals. Or, select one of the covered service intervals for the oil changes and tire rotations.
● Other Pre-Owned vehicles with such systems are required to select one of the covered service intervals for oil changes and tire rotations.
Directional Tires and O-Set Wheels
Vehicles with tires that cannot be rotated
● Eligible vehicles with o-set wheels and directional tires now require a $35 surcharge as a result of the inability to rotate.
● This is assessed at the time of delivery and is available on all certificate deductible options ($0, $100 and $200).
None Eligible Vehicles
*Vehicles marked with an asterisk are also ineligible as Used Vehicles
● Land Rover*
Vehicles which have the following special features and uses are ineligible under the program:
● Altered/ Modified vehicles
● Diesel Engines
● Grey Market Vehicles
● Commercial Towing Vehicles
● Dual Rear Wheel Vehicles
● Police/ Emergency Vehicles
● Twin Turbo Vehicles ( except Ford EcoBoost engines)
● Electric Vehicles
● Salvage Title Vehicles
● Vehicles Over 1 Ton
● Fleet Vehicles- New Only
● Special Interest Vehicles
● Vehicles used with Snowplows
● Kit cars
● Taxi or Livery Vehicles
- All required maintenance ( oil and filter changes, transmission fluid changes and tire rotations) must be done at the selling dealership and performed within 1,000 miles of the service interval.
- 90 days and 3,000 miles must elapse from the odometer reading at the date of Certificate issuance to be eligible for repairs. Failures that occur within the first 90 days and 3,000 miles are not covered.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Car Rental expenses , towing and road service are not covered. We will not pay for costs covered by any warranty of the manufacturer or a repairer’s guarantee, regardless of whether they honor such warranty or guarantee.
Maintenance and Parts Not Covered
- The maintenance services and parts described in the Manufacturer’s Maintenance Schedule for your vehicle.
- Any part not listed in the “WHAT IS COVERED” section.
- Other normal maintenance service and parts including engine tune up, (includes spark plugs,ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor), carburetor, EGR valve, batteries, filters, lubricants or fluids, air conditioning refrigerant, engine coolant, all hoses and belts (not specifically listed), brake pads and shoes, brake rotors and drums, suspension alignment, tires, wheel balancing, shock absorbers, CV boots, exhaust system, friction clutch disc and pressure plate, and clutch throw out bearing, seals and gaskets.
- Glass, glass framework, and fastening adhesives, sealed beams, light bulbs, lenses, trim, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, sheet metal, body panels, structural welds and wiper blades.
- After-market accessories or non-original equipment, components and systems not installed by the manufacturer. This includes the failure of a covered component caused by the installation of said after-market equipment. Installation of after-market accessories can void the Lifetime Powertrain coverage as well as the factory warranty.
We will not pay costs incurred to improve operating performance as a result of normal wear and tear. This includes: valve grind(s) and/or piston replacement(s) designed to improve engine compression or reduce oil consumption, and diminished performance due to normal wear of strut suspension components. We will not repair, replace, adjust, or align a non-covered component unless its failure is caused by the breakdown of a covered part. In addition, we will not pay benefits:
● When repairs are performed without prior authorization.
● To correct a cosmetic imperfection
● Seals and Gaskets are not covered, except when covered by internal failure.
● For a breakdown resulting from the failure to stop driving or protect your vehicle from further damage after a mechanical breakdown occurs.
● For breakdown resulting from the failure of a non-covered component.
● For breakdown caused by or involving collision, fire, theft, vandalism,, riot, explosion, lighting, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, freezing, or flood.
● For loss of time, inconvenience, lodging, food, storage, or other consequential loss or damage that results from a breakdown.
● For a breakdown caused by abuse, misuse, alterations, or lack of customary maintenance as recommended in the Maintenance Requirements of this Agreement and/or in the Manufacturer’s
Maintenance schedule for your vehicle.
● For a breakdown or damage caused or contributed to by operating a vehicle that does not have proper levels or specification (type) of fluids, lubricants or coolant.
● For a breakdown caused by or contributed to by the use of contaminated fluids, improper fuels or sub-standard oil.
● For a breakdown caused by rust or weather related corrosion.
● If your vehicle’s odometer has been stopped, altered or misrepresents actual mileage.
● For a breakdown which existed prior to the date issued.
● If your vehicle is a non-U.S. specification model.
● For failure to maintain your vehicle in accordance to the maintenance requirements of the Lifetime Powertrain.
● For a breakdown caused by using your vehicle for racing or other competition.
● For the repair of valves and/or rings for the purpose of raising the engine’s compression when a breakdown has not occurred.
● For breakdown caused by or involving modifications unless those modifications were performed by the manufacturer.
● If your vehicle has been modified to plow snow, we will not pay benefits whether the snowplow blade is attached to the vehicle or not.
● If your vehicle is used for commercial purposes or is a truck rated more than 1 ton. Examples of commercial use are: police vehicle or emergency vehicle, hauling, construction ( other than driving to and from work), deliveries, daily rentals, o-roading, carrying passengers for hire, snow-plowing.
● For any consequential or incidental damage or loss should your vehicle be involved in a collision caused by or involving a breakdown of a component covered by the Lifetime Powertrain.
137 Matching Vehicles Found
Based on model year EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.